October 16, 2007 at 12:55 PM
- Backup and Recovery using Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1 and Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Edition
- Deployment Cookbook: Branch Office—Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1
- Deployment Cookbook: High Availability with Virtual Server Host Clustering
- Deployment Cookbook: Hosted Backup—Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 and Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1
- Deployment Cookbook: Offsite Backup—Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 and Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1
- Deployment Cookbook: Onsite Backup—Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007 and Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2007, Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1, and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1 and Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Mobile User Access of Applications. Terminal Server running on virtual machines using Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1
- Quick Migration with Virtual Server Host Clustering Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition & Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 Service Pack 1
Source: Microsoft Virtualization Cookbooks
October 2, 2007 at 9:24 AM
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Exchange Management Shell Help file helps you use cmdlets in the Exchange Management Shell to perform day-to-day administration of Exchange 2007. You can view help in the Exchange Management Shell by using the Get-Help cmdlet. This Help file applies to the Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) version of Exchange Server 2007.
Source: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 Shell Help
September 17, 2007 at 10:29 AM
These step-by-step guides help IT Professionals learn about and evaluate Windows Server 2008.
These documents are downloadable versions of guides found in the Windows Server 2008 Technical Library. (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=86808).
Source: Windows Server 2008 Step-by-Step Guides
September 17, 2007 at 10:27 AM
This document describes new features and technologies, which were not available in Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (SP1), that will help to increase the security of computers running Windows Server 2008, increase productivity, and reduce administrative overhead.
These topics apply to the next release of Windows Server 2008, based on the functionality expected to be included in the Beta releases in 2007. They do not describe all of the changes that are included in Windows Server 2008. Instead, they highlight changes that will potentially have the greatest impact on your use of Windows Server 2008 and provide references to additional information.
Source: Changes in Functionality from Windows Server 2003 with SP1 to Windows Server 2008
September 4, 2007 at 2:06 PM
After a Windows Vista-based computer has been running for an extended period of time, the desktop screen may stop updating correctly. For example, you may experience any of the following symptoms:
- Parts of the screen may go black.
- Parts of the screen may become transparent.
- The toolbar may disappear.
- The toolbar may appear at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom of the screen.
KB932406 - The Windows desktop may stop updating correctly after a Windows Vista-based computer has been running for an extended period of time
Now my problems with transparent or black parts of screen are gone. :)
September 4, 2007 at 12:55 PM
The Exchange Calendar Update Tool enables administrators to update multiple user mailboxes and adjust calendars and meetings for daylight savings times.
Before you run the Exchange Calendar Update tool, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base article 941018, "How to address daylight saving time by using the Exchange Calendar Update Tool," for complete information about potential effects on your IT environment and user base.
After you install the DST updates for Microsoft Windows, all old appointments that occur during the DST change periods will be incorrectly displayed as occurring one hour later. This is true for both recurring and single-instance appointments. These appointments must be updated so that they will be displayed correctly in Outlook, in Outlook Web Access, and in CDO-based applications. Outlook provides a tool that is named the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook . This tool enables users to update their own calendars.
The Exchange Calendar Update Tool ("the Exchange tool") helps you avoid the challenges difficulties that are faced by administrators in deploying the Outlook tool widely to all users and to make sure that each user runs the Outlook tool correctly.
Download Microsoft Exchange Calendar Update Configuration Tool v2.0
September 3, 2007 at 1:42 PM
Exres.dll is Resource DLL of Exchange Server. It acts like "proxy" in communication between Windows Cluster Services and Exchange Services. Windows Cluster service communicates trough Resource Monitor to Exres.dll, and Exres.dll communicates with the Exchange services. This .dll is responsible for reporting failures in the cluster and bringing resources onnline/offline.
September 1, 2007 at 11:56 AM
Describes the installation and configuration of a High-Performance Computing (HPC) cluster for a dual boot of Microsoft Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003 and the Linux OpenSuSE Operating System (OS).
Download it here.
September 1, 2007 at 11:52 AM
Forefront Server Security Management Console allows administrators to easily manage Forefront Security for Exchange Server, Forefront Security for SharePoint and Microsoft Antigen, providing a web-based console to centralize configuration and operation, automate the download and distribution of signature and scan engine updates, and generate comprehensive reports. Forefront Server Security Management Console also allows administrators to rapidly respond to outbreaks and update protection across enterprise deployments, improving organizational agility in responding to new threats. Through integration with Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft SQL Server, Forefront Server Security Management Console helps maintain reliability and performance of messaging and collaboration protection.
Download it here.